Have you ever tried to use a disposable vape and found that the flavor was harsh or unpleasant? If a disposable vape is burnt, it’s a possible indication that it’s time to replace the device. It could also be a sign that you need to change something about the way you vape, though, so it’s important to understand the symptoms and what they mean.
Why does your disposable vape taste burnt, and is there anything that you can do to fix it? Reading this article, you’re going to learn the answers to those questions.
Are you tired of using disposable vapes that taste harsh and burnt? It’s time to enjoy a better experience. Innokin Innobar disposable vapes use a revolutionary new water-based e-liquid, created in partnership with Aquios Labs. You won’t find a smoother vape anywhere. View the Innokin Innobar series now.
How to Tell if a Disposable Vape Is Burnt
In most cases, there’s a gradual and noticeable chain of events leading to a disposable vape eventually tasting burnt. There are three different ways this can occur, and each one has a different cause. Before we discuss the possible reasons why your disposable vape tastes burnt, though, let’s talk about the symptoms.
- The burnt flavor may manifest itself as an intolerable harshness that stings your throat and makes you want to cough, and it happens every time you use your device. Leading up to this, you may notice that your device’s vapor production and richness of flavor are greatly reduced compared to when you first started using the device.
- The burnt flavor may appear after you’ve puffed on your device several times in a row. When you put the device down for a while, the original flavor returns.
- The burnt flavor may manifest itself as a sort of smoky, caramelized sweetness. As you continue using your disposable vape, the burnt flavor becomes more and more pronounced until you eventually have difficulty tasting the actual flavor of the e-liquid at all.
What Are the Reasons Why a Disposable Vape May Taste Burnt?
Now that you understand what it means when a disposable vape is burnt, let’s go into a bit more detail about the reasons why this can happen. Each of the scenarios that we described above has a different cause. Once you know why your disposable vape tastes burnt, you’ll know what to do next.
- If your disposable vape tastes intolerably harsh every time you use it – but the flavor quality was good previously – the device is probably out of e-liquid. Since there is no e-liquid left for the coil to vaporize, the coil overheats and emits harsh fumes when you try to vape. If your device is out of e-liquid, it’s time to replace it.
- If your disposable vape tastes burnt after you’ve puffed on it several times – but the flavor quality is restored after you put the device down for a while – you’re probably “chain vaping” and aren’t giving the e-liquid in the wick enough time to redistribute itself between puffs. As long as the device isn’t running out of e-liquid, waiting a few seconds longer after each puff will prevent this issue from occurring.
- If your disposable vape tastes like deeply caramelized sugar, you’re using a device with sweetened vape juice. Sweetened e-liquid usually contains sucralose, which doesn’t vaporize fully when it’s heated. A portion of the sucralose in the e-liquid sticks to the device’s atomizer coil, causing the coil to develop a layer of residue that alters the e-liquid’s flavor by making it taste dark and smoky. Depending on how heavily sweetened the e-liquid is, this may happen well before the device is actually out of e-liquid. In this case, the only thing that you can do is keep vaping until your device runs out of e-liquid. Going forward, consider buying disposable vapes with e-liquid that’s unsweetened or only lightly sweetened.
Why Does Your Disposable Vape Taste Burnt After Charging?
You may have found this page because you have a disposable vape that tastes burnt after charging, and you’re trying to determine the cause. If your disposable vape doesn’t taste burnt when the battery is low – but it does taste burnt after charging – it’s likely that the device is nearly out of vape juice.
A disposable vape usually isn’t regulated to operate at a specific power level, which means that the battery always outputs its full available voltage. When the battery’s voltage is low, the device’s vapor production will drop because the coil will operate at a lower power level. If the device is low on e-liquid, you might not notice the change in flavor when the battery is low because the vapor production will be lower. When the battery is fully charged, though, the coil will operate at a higher power level – and that’s when you’ll notice the burnt flavor. You should plan to replace the device very soon in this case.
How to Fix a Burnt Coil in a Disposable Vape
If you’re here because you want to know how to fix a burnt coil in a disposable vape, we have some bad news for you. If your disposable vape tastes burnt because residue has formed on the coil or because the e-liquid supply has run out, there’s generally no way to fix the problem. Most disposable vapes aren’t designed for refilling, so you need to replace your device if it’s out of e-liquid. If your device tastes burnt because of residue from sucralose, the only way to fix the issue is by replacing the coil – and that’s not possible with a disposable vape.
If you’re not happy with disposable vapes because you find that you need to replace them too often, it might be time for you to consider upgrading to a refillable device. Many of the world’s best vapes are refillable. With a refillable vape, there’s no need to replace your entire device when it runs out of e-liquid. In the long run, you’ll save a lot of money.
Are you on the fence about switching from disposable vapes to a refillable device? Try the Innokin Endura S1. Lasting up to 6,000 puffs, the Endura S1 is both refillable and disposable – so it has the convenience of a disposable vape but lasts much longer. You can use the device as long as you like by recharging it when the battery dies and refilling it when it runs out of e-liquid. When you’re no longer happy with the flavor, you’ll dispose of the device and replace it – just like you would with a traditional disposable vape.
How to Prevent a Disposable Vape from Tasting Burnt
Now that you understand what it means when a disposable vape tastes burnt and what you can do about it, we’ll spend the remainder of this article discussing what you can do to prevent a disposable vape from tasting burnt in the first place. Before we begin, it’s important to remember that there’s no way to prevent a disposable vape from tasting burnt when it’s out of vape juice. When your device is out of e-liquid – unless it’s a refillable vape like the Endura S1 – it’s time to replace it. Disposable vapes are the most convenient vaping devices on the market, but the cost of that convenience is that a device only lasts until it’s out of e-liquid.
Although it’s not possible to prevent a disposable vape from running out of e-liquid, the other two causes of a burnt flavor are preventable. Here’s what you can do in those cases to prevent a disposable vape from tasting burnt.
- Always wait several seconds after each puff to give the e-liquid in a disposable vape enough time to redistribute itself. It takes a little time for the vape juice in the device to flow from the outside of the wick to the inside where the coil is. If you puff on the device again while the wick is still equalizing, you’ll experience diminished flavor quality and vapor production. If you get a slightly burnt hit during a vaping session, it’s a sign that you need to put your disposable vape down for a while.
- If you don’t like the overly caramelized flavor that results from using heavily sweetened e-liquid, buy disposable vapes with vape juice that’s unsweetened or only lightly sweetened. There’s no way to prevent the residue that sucralose leaves on a vape coil – and if you’re using a disposable vape with a high puff count, you will definitely notice the change in flavor before the device is out of e-liquid. Many vape juice flavorings actually taste somewhat sweet without added sweeteners, and you’ll find that unsweetened e-liquids can have some of the most interesting and complex flavor profiles on the market. You may actually find that vaping can be much more pleasurable and satisfying when you aren’t bombarding your palate with sweetness.