As long as vaping has existed, manufacturers and members of the vaping community have looked for ways to make the experience even better – whether it’s by improving performance, making hardware more reliable or making devices more convenient.
When you think about it, though, e-liquid hasn’t really changed and evolved at the same rate as vaping hardware. The development of nicotine salt e-liquid in the mid-2010s was a big step forward, but even nicotine salt wasn’t that significant of a change from previous e-liquids. After all, nic salt e-liquid is just a freebase nicotine e-liquid with a slight formulation change.
In 2022, e-liquid technology has finally taken a giant leap forward. For years, people have wondered if they could vape with water. Those who tried ended up disappointed because conventional vaping equipment simply can’t handle water at all.
After several years of development, Aquios Labs have cracked the code, and we have worked with them to develop an incredible new series of vapes that can handle 30% water content.
So, can you vape water? With the new water-based e-liquid from Aquios Labs, you finally can.
Can You Vape Water? Here Are the Challenges
People have always been interested in the idea of vaping with water. Those who have actually tried putting water in their vape tanks, however, have learned that traditional vaping equipment isn’t suited to water-based vaping.
These are just a few of the challenges that you’ll face if you try adding water to a vaping device.
- Compared to e-liquid, water is very thin. The wick in your vape tank is designed to control the flow of a liquid that’s much more viscous. Water will most likely soak right through the wick, flooding the coil and creating significant leaks. This can damage your vaping equipment permanently.
- If you attempt to vape with water using normal vaping hardware, you’ll find that the tank spits hot droplets into your mouth. That’s an extremely uncomfortable experience.
- On its own, water has no flavour and produces no throat hit. If you can manage to put water in your vaping device and vape it successfully, you’ll find that it feels almost like inhaling nothing at all. Vaping plain water is an extremely unsatisfying experience.
Faced with these challenges, let’s suppose that you decided to try making your own water-based e-liquid, either by adding water to an existing vape juice or by adding nicotine and flavouring agents to the water. In addition to all of the issues listed above, you’d also face another major challenge in that water is a poor emulsifier. Nicotine and flavours will tend to separate out of the mixture.
New Technology from Aquios Labs Makes Water-Based Vape Pens Possible
In 2022, the engineers at Aquios Labs finally succeeded in developing something that the vaping community had wanted for years: the first true water-based e-liquid and the equipment necessary to use it flawlessly. The AQ30 e-liquid from Aquios Labs is 30% water, and formulations with even higher water percentages will be coming in the future. Thus, a partnership was born: With our manufacturing prowess combined with Aquios Labs water-based technology, we've designed water-based vaporizers that take maximum advantage of this revolutionary new e-liquid.
In September 2022 at the Global Tobacco and Nicotine Forum, Innokin & Aquios were awarded the coveted Golden Leaf Award for the "Biggest Breakthrough Innovation". This prestigious honor acknowledged the fact that both the tobacco and vaping industries recognize water-based vaping technology as a true breakthrough in the evolution of vaporizers, offering unique advantages not seen before in the industry. The Golden Leaf Awards are presented each year by Tobacco Report in collaboration with BMJ and aim to highlight significant accomplishments and innovations made within the tobacco and nicotine industry.
With all of that being said, I'm sure you're wondering; why exactly would you want to use a water-based vape in the first place? And what benefits do they truly offer?
What Are the Benefits of Using a Water-Based Vape?
Perhaps you’re not one of the vapers who has been curious about the idea of putting water in a vape tank, and maybe you’ve never thought to try vaping water yourself. Why should you be interested in using a water-based vape? These are some of the advantages of water-based vaping.
- Do you ever feel a sensation of dehydration or“dry mouth” when using a traditional e-liquid? That’s because vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol – the two base liquids that almost all vape juices use – both draw water from the body. The vapour literally draws the water out of your mouth. You can compensate for the dehydration by drinking more water – but increasing your water intake may not fully cure the sensation of dry mouth from vaping. Using a water-based e-liquid helps to restore your mouth’s normal balance.
- Water-based e-liquid is much smoother than standard vape juice. If you experience throat irritation when vaping, you’ll probably find that switching to water-based e-liquid eliminates the irritation and makes vaping significantly more enjoyable.
- Water is much more compatible with the body’s chemistry than vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol. Therefore, water-based e-liquids are able to deliver nicotine to your body more efficiently.
- Water-based e-liquid has a much purer flavour because water has no flavour of its own. Vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol, on the other hand, have characteristic flavours that are easy to detect if you’re an experienced vaper. The flavours of VG and PG may mask the flavours of your e-liquid.
- Water-based e-liquids vaporise at lower temperatures compared to traditional e-liquids. When you vape at a lower temperature, the vapour is smoother and easier to inhale. Lower vaping temperatures also help to increase the chemical stability of your e-liquid and vaping equipment. In addition, vaping at lower temperatures can also contribute to longer battery life and better coil longevity.
Introducing New Innobar Water-Based Vapes
Now that you’re an expert on water-based vaping, it’s time for you to learn about the incredible new Innobar series of vaping devices Innokin has developed in partnership with Aquios Labs to take full advantage of the water-based vaping tech.
We are incredibly excited about the Innobar Enviro because it corrects a longstanding problem: the fact that millions of disposable vapes are being thrown away around the world, ultimately ending up in landfills. The Innobar Enviro uses a reinforced paper shell instead of the plastic shell that other disposable vapes use, and almost every component is recyclable. When you’re done with the device, you can push the components out of the shell and disconnect the battery for recycling. The Innobar Enviro is available in 10 delicious flavours. It has a nicotine strength of 20 mg/ml, uses a mesh coil for excellent vapour production and lasts up to 600 puffs.
If you’re intrigued by the compact design of the Innobar Enviro but would rather use a disposable vape with a package that’s a bit more traditional, we think you’ll enjoy the Innobar F600. Compared to the Innobar Enviro, the capabilities of the Innobar F600 are about the same. You’ll get the same capacity of about 600 puffs, the same flavours and the same impressive vapour production. Instead of using a paper shell, the Innobar F600 has a beautiful transparent silicone shell that looks luxurious and feels great in the hand.
If you’re looking for a disposable vape that’s a bit larger and offers an increased level of performance, we think you’ll enjoy the Innobar K2000. Available in the same 10 great flavours as the rest of the Innobar series, the Innobar K2000 is a bit bigger than the Innobar F600. That enables it to have a larger battery that delivers up to 2,000 puffs with a constant regulated output of 3.6 volts. The Innobar K200 has a generous e-liquid reservoir with a capacity of 4 ml, and it’s available in nicotine strengths of 20 mg/ml and 50 mg/ml.
Moving further up the feature ladder, the Innobar K3500 is even more powerful and more capable than the Innobar K2000. It has a larger built-in battery and an even bigger 6 ml e-liquid capacity, enabling it to deliver up to 3,500 puffs. The battery is regulated to deliver a constant output of 3.6 volts. The Innobar K3500 has a nicotine strength of 50 mg/ml and can last for several days of use.
If nothing but the biggest and best disposable vape will satisfy you, we think you’ll love the rechargeable Innobar S3. Featuring a 650 mAh battery and an e-liquid reservoir of 12 ml, the Innobar S3 has a nicotine strength of 50 mg/ml and can easily last for a week of vaping or more. When the battery dies, the device isn’t finished – just connect it to your computer using a USB-C cable. You can recharge the battery several times, ensuring that not even a drop of e-liquid will go to waste. The Innobar S3 delivers up to 5,000 total puffs.
Hey! Hemok here, a vaping enthusiast with a passion for helping people quit smoking. My uncle was diagnosed with lung cancer a few years ago after smoking for more than 40 years. I do understand that quitting smoking isn't only a physical issue but also a mental one. It's just hard to go "cold turkey". I believe that vaping is one of the best solutions to make the switch only if you do it in the right way, and that's why I am here to share :)