Here at Innokin, we manufacture vape kits for every conceivable need. Whether you’re a confirmed vaping expert or have never puffed on a vaping device before, you’ll find a device on our site that’s a perfect fit for you. One of the major challenges of vaping, though, is knowing what type of device is right for you if you’ve never vaped before – and a big part of that is understanding how the different devices work. Some potential vapers look at the variety of hardware that’s available and end up becoming frustrated due to their lack of understanding. They ultimately end up getting simple e-cigarettes from local convenience stores instead, and their first vaping experiences aren’t nearly as good as they could have been.
We want to make sure that you have a spectacular experience with your first vaping device, and the way to make that happen is by helping you understand how to vape. In this article, we’re going to teach you how to use the three most common types of rechargeable and refillable vaping devices: pod systems, vape pens and vape mods. By understanding how the three most popular types of vapes work, you’ll find it easier to choose the best device for your needs and will have a better experience with that device.
First, though, let’s discuss some general vaping advice that applies to all devices.
How to Vape for the Best Possible Experience: General Advice
There are a few general truths about vaping that apply regardless of the type of device you use. We’d like to begin this article with a few words of advice about how to vape with any product. You’ll find this advice useful regardless of which device you ultimately choose.
- Don’t puff as firmly on a vaping device as you would puff on a cigarette. When you smoke a cigarette, you generally use firm air pressure to produce the biggest possible smoke clouds. That’s because the increased air provides additional fuel for the process of combustion. With a vaping device, though, you’re not dealing with a flame – you’re dealing with liquid. If you puff too hard, you’ll get e-liquid in your mouth and may even cause your device to leak. Puff gently.
- Try many different e-liquids. Flavor variety is one of the biggest features that help to make vaping as fun as it can be.
- Make sure that you’re choosing the right nicotine strength for your vaping hardware and to suit your own personal requirements. If your vaping experience isn’t satisfying, your nicotine strength is probably too low. If you find vaping uncomfortable or unpleasant, your nicotine strength is probably too high.
- Choose a vaping device that suits your preferred inhaling style. Here at Innokin, we clearly identify the intended inhaling styles for all of our devices. If you’re a new vaper, you will almost definitely prefer a device designed for mouth-to-lung inhaling because that’s how you inhale when you smoke a cigarette.
How to Vape with a Pod System
Pod systems such as the Innokin MVP Pod and the Innokin EQ FLTR are among the most popular devices for new vapers. That’s because they’re sleek and simple, and it’s also because they’re optimized to deliver a great experience with the high-strength e-liquids that new vapers often prefer. Many of the people who use pod systems enjoy their experience so much that they end up never using any other type of device.
Here’s how to vape with a pod system.
- Charge the device by connecting it to your computer using the included USB cable. One of the most important things to remember with any type of vaping device is that you should always charge your vape through your computer and never through a wall adapter for a mobile phone or tablet. Using a high-speed charger can cause a vaping device to overheat. The charging cycle is complete when the device’s light changes to green or turns off.
- Remove the pod from the device and look for the filling hole. In most cases, the hole is on the side of the pod and covered with a black or red stopper.
- Lift the stopper and add e-liquid through the hole until the pod is close to full. Don’t attempt to fill the pod all the way to the top because leaving a little room for air helps to prevent leaking.
- Close the stopper and replace the pod. Wait a few minutes before you begin vaping; a vape coil has a cotton wick that can burn easily if it isn’t completely wet. Waiting a few minutes gives the wick adequate time to absorb e-liquid from the pod.
- Vape by puffing gently on the device’s mouthpiece or by puffing while holding the device’s fire button.
- Add vape juice to the pod when the level of e-liquid begins to get low.
After you’ve used your pod system for a while, you’ll notice that the flavor quality is no longer the same as it was when you first began using the device. When you’re no longer happy with the flavor, it’s time for a new pod or atomizer coil. If the pod has a permanent coil, simply discard the pod and begin using a new one. If the pod has a replaceable coil, pull the old coil out of the bottom of the pod and push a new coil in. Remember that every time you use a new pod or coil, you should wait a few minutes before vaping.
How to Vape with a Vape Pen
The primary difference between a pod system and a vape pen is the shape. Although there are exceptions, a pod system most often has a somewhat flat profile. A vape pen, on the other hand, always has a cylindrical shape. Compared to pod systems, vape pens often have larger atomizer coils and higher-capacity batteries. In many cases, that means a vape pen will produce bigger clouds than a pod system and will also last longer between battery charges. Some of our best vape pens include the Innokin Sceptre Tube and the Innokin Endura T18X.
Using a vape pen is much the same as using a pod system, differing in only a few key areas. We’ll mention those below.
- While the filling hole for a vape pod is typically positioned on the side, a vape pen usually includes a tank that fills from the top. In some cases, you can open the tank by pressing a release button. In other cases, you can open the tank by twisting off the top hardware.
- To replace the atomizer coil in a vape tank, you’ll need to remove the tank from the vape pen and unscrew the tank’s bottom hardware. The coil is usually screwed into the base of the tank. Unscrew the old coil and screw in a new one before reassembling the tank.
- Although exceptions do exist, a vape pen usually has a manual fire button rather than an automatic airflow sensor.
- Some vape pens such as the Innokin Sceptre Tube – which operates at 18 or 20 watts – have power adjustment features. In most cases, you can toggle between power levels by tapping the device’s fire button two or three times.
How to Vape with a Vape Mod
Vape mods such as the Innokin Kroma 217 and the Innokin Coolfire Z80 Zenith are the largest and most powerful vaping devices on the market. Unlike pod systems and vape pens – which are typically very small and pocketable – a vape mod is usually around the same size as a cigarette pack. The increased size, however, allows a vape mod to have a much larger battery – sometimes even two batteries – and to operate at much higher power levels. The Innokin Kroma 217, for instance, operates at up to 100 watts. Most vape mods come with tanks designed for the direct-to-lung inhaling style, which isn’t the inhaling style you’re likely to prefer if you’re new to vaping.
When it’s time to learn how to vape with a vape mod, though, you’ll find that it doesn’t differ that much from using a vape pen as described above. You’ll fill the tank and replace the atomizer coil in the same way. Here are the two ways in which using a vape mod differs from using a vape pen.
- A vape mod gives you full control over the device’s power output and may also operate in different modes. For example, a vape mod may offer options such as variable wattage, temperature control and smart vaping modes. When you turn a vape mod on for the first time, it’ll usually start in variable wattage mode. You can change the wattage using the adjustment buttons on the front of the device. The instruction manual will describe the button combination that you need to press to enter the menu and switch between the different vaping modes.
- A vape mod usually has a USB port, allowing you to charge the device by connecting it to your computer as you would any other vaping device. In addition to that option, though, many vape mods also have removable batteries that can be charged in external battery chargers. If you opt to use an external charger, you can charge one battery while vaping with another.